Processing time 1 - 2 weeks before posting
This toony Dragon foam head provides a base to make your very own dragon, dinosaur, lizard or monster costume head. Due to the soft and flexible nature of the foam, it is very easy to cut and modify to suit your needs.
uncut, or cut and carved options available (How to cut and carve a foam base)
With the cut and carved option, this head comes pre-carved ready to attach to a balaclava and begin work on. To cut and hollow out the base, I fully remove the bottom jaw, so the item will come in two pieces but this is ideal if you want to create a moving jaw. (How to build a moving jaw)
All of my bases are made from soft, light weight foam. They are durable for all suiting activities, Ideal for all kinds of costuming projects like fursuits, mascots, theatrical costumes, Halloween, cosplay or LARPing.
The bases have an open back to allow your build work for all shapes and sizes. For reference, the opening at the back of the base measures at: 10 inches wide and 9 inches high. But, Once cut, the head will be flexible enough to open out for larger sizes.
With the cut and carved option, I cut and hollow the base out with a one size fits all model. But if you find it hasn’t been hollowed out enough for your project, the soft nature of the foam makes it very easy to cut to your liking with a pair of scissors.
It can even be cut enough to accommodate glasses.
You can also buy eyes to match your base on this listing with the following options:
- Blank Flat eye: flat plastic eyes with a sheet of buckram for you to paint yourself
- Blank 3D eyes: Follow me effect style plastic eyes with a sheet of buckram to paint yourself
- Colour eyes: Flat plastic eyes, finished with mesh painted to your required colour
- Colour 3D eyes: Follow me effect style plastic eyes finished with mesh painted to your required colour
Click here For more info about the eyes and styles I have available (White plastic is the default for this listing, so if you would like a different colour plastic, please let me know in the note to seller when ordering)
- Over time, the outer skin will yellow slightly, but this will not affect the quality of the base. Especially once it has been covered.
- Some air bubbles will occur in the casting process, but again, once the base is covered these won’t be noticeable.
- Uncut bases can sometimes have air bubbles inside that are not detectable at the surface level (Especially during extreme weather periods) these are easy to fill in with the foam hollowed from the head.