Thanks for your interest in commissioning me for custom parts, all of the information you need should be detailed below. I want try and keep it simple because I know how tedious these can be to read. But If there is anything else you would like to know in more detail, please get in contact here
Age restriction: Please note that I do not take payment from anyone under the age of 18 for a number of reasons. I will still work on certain projects for people under the age of 18 if working through an adult figure (no full suits).
Fill out the quote form: fill out the form in as much relevant detail as possible and I will provide you with an accurate quote.
Iron out the details: If you are happy with the quote, then we can finalise any details such as measurements, time estimates, materials, shipping estimates and payment plans. I generally like to do everything via email so that it is all in writing, and it also gives me time to provide the most detailed and accurate response.
Entering a contract: Once the final details have been agreed upon, they will be set as a contract for the completion of the project. The contract will begin once the first payment has been made. (see more about the contract arrangement below)
Send me your duct tape dummy (if required): For any project with a body suit or legs, I will need a duct tape dummy for your measurements (if the project just needs legs, you will only need to send a taping of your legs) Details of how to make a duct tape dummy can be found here
Making the deposit: I will need to take a 25% deposit upfront to cover the cost of materials for the project. Once this has been paid, I will order in the materials, and then the work can begin.
Follow your project: I will keep a trello board for you to follow the projects progress, which will be updated at least once a week. (if you would rather receive updates in a different way, that is something we can arrange)
Make final payments: depending on how you would like to spread out the cost of your suit, you can make multiple payments (see payment options below) once you make the final payment, you will receive your commission.
Shipping or pickup: If you're in the UK, shipping will be free. We can discuss options to make sure you're in to receive it. Shipping internationally will need to be paid for separately, the estimate that you were given at the start of the commission could be different now as shipping prices fluctuate quite quickly. If you would like to pick up from my workshop, we can arrange this. You can also arrange for a friend to pick up for you.
After care services: If there are any issues with your commission in the first 6 months of ownership that are clearly manufacturing errors, I will arrange for the repairs. If there is clear damage from mishandling and/or any alterations have been made to the item in this time it will invalidate this warranty and it will be sent back at the cost of the customer. If the item has been worn prior to returning, it must be cleaned before being sent for repairs
- 25% deposit is required to begin work
- The remaining amount can be paid in one sum, or as part of a payment plan.
- I accept direct transfers, or I can also set up a payment method via my website store.
- Payment plan can be no more than 4 payments (This includes the deposit) unless an alternative is negotiated for certain circumstances, such as an unusually large project.
- These payments should be made during the projects completion (for example, one payment a month) to ensure the final payment is made shortly after the projects completion.
- The commission will not be handed over to the commissioner until the final payment is made.
- The final payment must be made within a year of the deposit (unless an extension is agreed on) or the project will be treated as a non-payment.
- If at any point you struggle to make payments, please do not stop communicating. Arrangements can be made to help you.
Contract and agreements
Once the project has been agreed upon by both parties (Runaway workshop and the commissioner) and the deposit has been made, they will be obligated to see the project through to completion within the agreed terms.
The terms that will be discussed and agreed on will be as followed:
- Final details of the project: The look and function of the commissioned part/parts. also the materials used. I will outline anything I can, and can't do within my skill set/ material availability and discuss what compromises might be available.
- Measurements: I will work to the measurements and guides provided by the commissioner, it is the commissioners responsibility that the information is accurate or the duct tape dummy is built to specification.
- The time estimate: If the commissioner requires a set deadline and it is agreed upon, then that is the deadline that will be honored. If no set deadline is required, a general estimate will be given by Runaway workshop which will be honored.
- The price and payment plan: The final agreed quote will be paid by the commissioner in full before they have ownership of the commissioned piece. This can be paid in payments agreed upon by both parties and paid within a reasonable time. The commissioner will not have ownership of the commissioned piece until the final payment has been made.
- Shipping estimates: If shipping internationally, I will require a payment to cover the cost of shipping the item out. The initial quote given on this will be an estimate based on prices given at the time of the quote. By the time the commission has been completed, the price may vary slightly. There may also be customs charges for your country which I have no control over.
- progress of the project and image sharing: As standard I will share work in progress pictures on social media, however if the commissioner can request that their project remain private, and if agreed on, progress images will only be shared between Runaway workshop and the commissioner.
The contract can be ended by Runaway workshop or the commissioner at any time for any reason.
- If the commissioner would like to cancel the order and work has already started, the 25% deposit will not be refunded. This is to cover the cost of labor and materials already used. Any additional payments (if paying in installments) will be refunded 90% (10% will be taken for any additional labor costs)
- If the commissioner would like to cancel the order before materials are ordered and if work has not started, They will be refunded in full. If materials have been ordered, the commissioner will be refunded the amount that was not spent on materials (Unless they would like to receive those materials, and in that case they will not be refunded, but will be able to arrange collection of the materials)
- If Runway workshop would like to cancel the order before completion, all payments made by the commissioner (Including the 25% deposit) will be refunded in full to the commissioner. Unless the commissioner would like to receive the work that has already been done (Complete or incomplete) in that case, no refund will be given and the commissioner must arrange the collection of the items.
- Returns: I may be willing to accept a return on an item, however it must be agreed upon in advance. The item balance will be returned, but the initial deposit is non-refundable. I will accept returns within 30 days only with a reasonable reason. (If for example you have changed your character design or species this isn't something I will do a return for.)
Broken contract obligations
Some times, problems arise that mean the terms of the contract can not be met. Whether the fault of the commissioner, Runaway workshop, or just a force of nature, the protections are as follows:
- Material availability: If any agreed materials become unavailable before purchased for the project, and no reasonable alternative can be found. The commissioner can cancel their order and receive a full refund.
- Changes to features: If you originally ordered a lower priced commission, but then change your mind and would like a more advanced project (or vice versa) the price will change accordingly. In some cases however, if the work has already reached a point where these features cannot be added/taken away, I will be unable to provide the changes.
- Incorrect measurements: If the measurements (or duct tape dummy) provided are incorrect, alterations might be able to be made at the cost of the commissioner for any additional time spent completing the commission. If alterations cannot be made, the commissioner may purchase the item as it is, at the agreed cost, or cancel the order for a partial refund (70% of all payments made). If the measurements given were correct, and Runaway workshop built the suit to a different size, the adjustments will be made for free. or If the commissioner would like to cancel as a result, they will be entitled to a full refund.
- Missed deadlines: If a set deadline can not be met by Runaway workshop, the commissioner will be given the option of a refund of their rush order payment, or will be allowed to cancel their commission for a full refund. Unless the delay to the deadline was caused by incomplete or late action provided by the commissioner.
- Payment plan extensions: In some cases, Runaway workshop will accept extensions to the originally agreed upon payment schedule. For example, instead of paying once a month, adjusting to pay every other month. Or adjusting to make the payments over 6 months instead of 5. (If you have any trouble making payments, please reach out so I can help work out a more suitable arrangement.)
- Payment plan: The commissioner must complete their payment plan before receiving their commissioned piece. Payments must be made within a reasonable time following the deposit. if the final payment is not made within a year after the deposit is made, and no extension has been agreed on, the commissioned piece will be altered and sold. The commissioner will receive 70% of what the item sells for as a refund (the 30% not refunded covers materials costs and some labor). every effort will be made to ensure the product sells at the highest value to recuperate costs.
- Fraudulent behavior: I only accept payments from individuals who are aged 18 or over. If the proof of age provided is fake or inaccurate which results in me taking a deposit from an individual who is under the age of 18 and work has not started yet, the order will be cancelled and fully refunded. If work has already started, the deposit will not be refunded, however any additional payments will be refunded in full. If work is completed, the deposit will not be refunded, but any additional payments will be returned in full, the project will be altered and resold. If, due to age deception, payment is reclaimed after the commission has been received, legal action will be taken using all provided materials as evidence of deception.
- Charge backs: If payment is reclaimed after the commission has been received, legal action will be taken.
Allergy information: All items are made in a pet free*, smoke free environment. The adhesive I use for costumes is latex based.
*I do have a dog, but she is not allowed in the work room, I may bring some dander and fur into the work room on my clothes.
- Health and Safety: Before starting a commission, I will alert you to any of the potential dangers of performing in a suit with your selected features. Reduced vision and mobility are always elements of concern when wearing a fursuit/mascot so please act responsibly, stay hydrated and if necessary get a handler to help you. Safety is the responsibility of the wearer of the suit, but I would feel bad if you hurt yourself.
- Provided material: If you have provided your own concept art of a created character, the concept art and ideas of the original artist will remain the property of the artist. However, until the produced items and services have been paid for in full, they remain the property of myself.
- Display on my portfolio after completion:Once all items are paid for, that are both partly and fully my own work, I retain the right to display them on my website and anywhere else examples of my work are required. I will not, however, replicate your commission for another client. If I need to display concept art work with a commission’s final photo shoot that belongs to the client, it will be displayed on my website with the provided material with a disclaimer denying my credit to that part of the work.
- Final Use: My creations are made with nothing but good and innocent intentions, if the purchaser/commissioner decides to publicly use my work for purposes that cause offence to anyone, this is not my responsibility.
- Your information: I will only use the information that I collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018). I collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. The information I hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that I hold about you by emailing me. If you find any inaccuracies I will delete or correct them promptly. The personal information, which I hold, will be held securely in accordance with the law.
- My information: My contact information is provided purely for my customers and potential clients to contact me in order for me to provide a service to them. It is not okay to use my information for any other purpose including advertising, data collection, phishing and time wasting.